Biennial of the Americas
Platform Americas provides an international platform for leaders in business, government, civil society, and the arts to examine the significant issues impacting life in the Americas. The organization’s marquee event is the Biennial of the Americas, an international festival of ideas, arts, and culture hosted in Denver, Colorado on alternating years. The next festival will take place in Denver, Colorado on September 12-16, 2017.
We are a nonprofit organization with a small and passionate team of doers. All team members are expected to maintain high-quality work in their area of specialization, while maintaining a willingness to assist the team in other areas. We are looking for an organized, highly competent Business Manager to join our team!
Position: Business Manager
Position Overview: The Business Manager for Platform Americas will oversee and coordinate the day-to-day, internal operations of the organization as well as manage and provide support for all IT/database systems. This position is a core part of the Biennial team, and is vital to the overall success of the team and the organization.
Position status: Full-time, Monday through Friday 8:30-5:00pm, with extended hours during event periods.
Areas of Responsibility
• Bookkeeping and financial reporting with QuickBooks
• Vendor correspondence and contract implementation
• Manage logistics for board and committee meetings
• Track and file all official organizational documents
• Implement payroll (through Paychex) and benefits systems and insurance
• On-board new hires, track and administer benefits
• Liaison with accountants for government reporting, including Form 990
• Serve as administrator to organization website and social media platforms
• Help manage systems, including Salesforce CRM, Box.com, and Gmail
• During event periods, responsibilities increase to include many programmatic and organizational activities
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Three+ years of bookkeeping/accounting experience
- One+ years of experience in nonprofit and/or office management
- IT savvy; knowledge of computers and various software packages, especially expertise database management and in MS Office applications
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude about the work
- Willingness to take on additional tasks as necessary
- Flexible and able to remain focused in a fast-paced, dynamic setting
- Display an interest in organization mission; general understanding of the issues and cultures of the Americas
- Background working with other international and/or cultural organizations is preferred
- Extensive knowledge of cloud and CRM databases, especially Salesforce CRM
The hiring range for this position is $48,000.00 – $55,000.00 and includes health insurance and other benefits.
How To Apply
The candidate we choose will have demonstrated success in the core competencies described above. If you wish to apply, please direct a one-two page letter and resume to email@example.com with “Business Manager” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed beginning October 28, 2016, applications received by that date will have the best chance of success. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. You will not be contacted unless you are chosen for additional consideration. No phone calls please.