Center for Policy Research
Center for Policy Research (CPR) is seeking a part-time office manager to provide support to CPR staff on various projects. The office manager works collaboratively with other CPR researchers as well as manages the day-to-day business operations. Hours are flexible. The expected hourly pay for this position is $15-18, DOE, plus an excellent benefits package.
About the Center for Policy Research
CPR is a small nonprofit research and evaluation center located in central Denver. Most of our clients or project partners are state and local human services agencies and nonprofits. We specialize in the evaluation of social and human service programs. CPR’s current research projects are focused on domestic violence services, services for youth who are homeless or in foster care, child support policy, and fatherhood programs.
Areas of Responsibility
• Complete accounts payable tasks (e.g., invoice review, matching receipts, enter invoices into Peachtree)
• Complete accounts receivable tasks (e.g. invoice and collect checks, record them into Peachtree, create the deposit slip, and deposit checks on a timely basis)
• Balance accounts on a monthly basis
• Process employee payroll on time
• Review, manage, coordinate, and assist in the preparation of grant proposals, including the budget proposal
• Maintain an orderly file system for accounting and project management purposes
• Answer, screen, and route phone calls, including take messages and appointments
• Make travel arrangements and other reservations
• Review state and federal databases for possible grant opportunities
• Format and finalize research reports and publications
• Miscellaneous office management duties including: respond to general email inquiries; printing, copying, and assembling project materials and reports; updating website with new project activities and publications; maintain and improve general office systems
- • Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- • 2 years of office management or administrative experience
- • Advanced skills and high proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Outlook
- • Advanced skills in accounting software, preferably with Peachtree or QuickBooks
- • Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- • Independent and pro-active employee, with a strong ability to identify areas where support to staff can be provided
Hours are flexible. The expected hourly pay for this position is $15-18, DOE, plus an excellent benefits package.
How To Apply
Please send: (1) a cover letter, (2) your resume, and (3) three professional references to email@example.com. No phone calls please.