Colorado Coalition for the Homeless
Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks a Vocational Specialist to provide a variety of employment and vocational services for families within the CCH system of care. This includes linking consumers from CCH programs to already existing employment and vocational providers in the community, assisting in job development activities, providing supportive employment services to a limited caseload, providing open job readiness groups, serving as the focal point for employment information and disseminating that information throughout CCH as well as other special and/or short-term employment projects. This position is located at 563 East Colfax Ave., Denver, and reports to the Vocational Services Manager.
Vocational Services are highly individualized in order to define meaningful goals, develop effective strategies and action plans, utilize available resources and gain the personalized skills and tools needed to seek and maintain employment.
Areas of Responsibility
1. Serves as part of the Vocational Services Team within the Coalition.
2. Develops and facilitates employment-related groups.
3. Develops and facilitates supportive employment services.
4. Complete all documentation and data entry as required, in a timely manner (Access Data Base, Case notes, HMIS, etc.)
5. Responds to crisis situations.
6. Works with internal and external job developers to help participant job placement.
7. Provides ongoing guidance, advice and employment related assistance.
8. Works with consumers on an individual basis to assist them in developing an individual employment plan (IEP) and in attaining the goals and objectives outlined in that plan.
9. Provides general advice and employment assistance for consumers.
10. Maintains and distributes employment information such as job openings, etc.
11. Develops, tracks and reports all required program process measures, outcome measures, customer satisfaction surveys and employer satisfaction surveys.
12. Participates as required in the development of new grant proposals which require vocation experience and/or expertise.
13. Provides vocational support for CCH clients as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related field preferred.
- Prior experience in assisting individuals suffering from homelessness, mental health issues, and substance abuse/co-occurring disorders preferred.
- Experience in the provision of vocational services, preferably to disadvantaged populations that may be disabled and/or homeless.
- Able to successfully pass CCH’s auto insurance carrier’s motor vehicle record check.
- Reliable transportation.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
• Health insurance coverage on the first day of employment. Full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their own health coverage, and no more than 4% of their earnings for coverage of eligible dependents. We’re proud to offer same- and opposite-sex domestic partner coverage;
• Dental, vision and flexible spending/dependent care accounts;
• Free basic life insurance and long-term disability coverage;
• Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to 5% of earnings;
• Extensive paid time-off, including holidays, sick leave, and three weeks of vacation for new employees in their first full year.
How To Apply
Qualified persons may apply by sending a cover letter and résumé to Tammy Bellofatto, Vocational Services Manager. Résumés without a cover letter may not be considered. In addition to information about qualifications, applicants must describe their interest in helping homeless people, including why they think people are homeless. Please indicate where you first saw this job posting in your cover letter.
Cover letters and résumés may be sent to the hiring manager as follows:
1. (PREFERRED) By e-mail to email@example.com. Attach documents in either Microsoft Word (.doc) or portable document format (.pdf). In the subject line of your e-mail, include the name of the position (in bold, at the top of this posting).
2. By fax to (303) 312-9728.
3. By mail to Colorado Coalition for the Homeless, ATTN: HR, 2111 Champa Street, Denver, CO 80205.
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless is an equal opportunity employer. The Coalition is committed to delivering services, making employment-related decisions, selecting volunteers and selecting vendors without regard to age over 40, race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression, military status or any other applicable status protected by law.