POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Finance & Operations
REPORTS TO: Senior Operations Assistant & Human Resources Professional
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for high-level administrative support within the Finance & Operations department at The Colorado Trust. The Administrative Assistant will assist with overflow work from the Senior Operations Assistant & Human Resources Professional. The Administrative Assistant is an at-will employee of The Colorado Trust and is a member of the Finance & Operations department. This is a non-exempt position.
- Work closely with other administrative and operational support staff in the building to coordinate needs of teams
- Assist in coordinating, scheduling and organizing activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for staff members.
- This includes: Logistical support for meeting space, catering, A/V, coordinating availability of attendees, onsite support as needed
- Establish, maintain and update filing system for accounting department
- Retrieve information from files when needed
- Establish, maintain and update publications library
- Compose and type correspondence; draft written responses or replies by phone or email when necessary; respond to regularly occurring requests for information
- Create spreadsheets; maintain updated records of office expenses and costs
- Assist in coding and submitting invoices for payment
- Monitor departmental budget and provide feedback on variances to supervisor
- Open and close the office during normal business hours
- Answer all incoming telephone calls in an efficient and professional manner
- Process and distribute mail and publications to staff
- Manage fax services for staff, including sending and notifying staff of faxes
- Manage courier and express mail services as needed by staff
- Maintain voicemail greeting for The Trust according to daily needs
- Maintain a clean, neat and tidy front desk appearance at all times; responsible to
- ensure lobby area is well stocked, including office equipment in common areas
- Post “Today @ The Trust” daily to inform staff on who is away from the office and what meetings are scheduled
- Maintain and update internal communications regarding employee handbook, temporary staff files and other general correspondences
- Manage requests for building maintenance
- Maintain all office equipment and coordinate service requests; order office/parts supplies
- Assist in maintaining contact database
- Assist in coordinating parking for guests
- Assist with other duties assigned, as
The person designated to provide supervision of this position and from whom they shall take direction in all matters relating to carrying out duties and responsibilities in this Position Description is the Senior Operations Assistant & Human Resources Professional.
The Administrative Assistant shall be a person who:
- Has a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in all aspects of administrative support
- Holds a bachelor’s degree (preferred, but not mandatory; commensurate professional experience will also be considered)
- Has demonstrated experience with Word, Excel, Outlook and other Microsoft products
- Possesses excellent written, verbal, organizational, listening and communication skills
- Is attentive to detail, with demonstrated decision-making ability
- Has the ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in the performance of all duties
- Has a proven ability to problem-solve and follow-up appropriately on procedural issues
- Is action-oriented and a self-starter, who can work well both independently and in teams
- Has experience in planning and managing events
- Has a proven ability to be flexible and manage multiple priorities
- Pays close attention to detail and accuracy, and meets deadlines
- Can maintain a confidential stance with respect to the business and affairs of The Trust and those with whom it has relationships.
$39,000 – $46,000 annually. The Trust offers full-time employees a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
Please submit a detailed letter of interest and résumé. Electronic submission by email to email@example.com is preferred. Alternatively, submissions may be sent via fax to (303) 839-9034; or, via mail to:
The Colorado Trust Attn: Human Resources 1600 Sherman St.
Denver, CO 80203
The deadline to apply for this position is Friday, Feb. 24, 2017 at 5 p.m. MDT.
The Trust seeks talented, team-oriented individuals, dedicated to our goal of advancing the health and well-being of the people of Colorado. Additionally, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome a diversity of perspectives and experiences among our staff. For more information, please visit www.coloradotrust.org.