The Downtown Denver Partnership creatively plans, manages and develops Downtown Denver as the unique, diverse, vibrant and economically healthy urban core of the Rocky Mountain Region that is recognized for being prosperous, walkable, diverse, distinctive and green. Through our many entity relationships, the Partnership provides enhanced services to make Downtown Denver cleaner, safer and more vibrant.
The Partnership manages the Downtown Denver Business Improvement District (BID), 14th Street General Improvement District (GID), Denver Theater District (DTD), Downtown Denver Events, Inc. (DDE), Denver Civic Ventures, Inc. (DCV), and Downtown Denver, Inc., (DDI).
The Downtown Denver Partnership is seeking a highly-motivated and experienced individual for the position of Membership Sales Representative. This person is responsible for selling Downtown Denver Partnership memberships and supporting business development efforts to generate new revenue for the organization. The person will help drive the growth of the Partnerships membership base, as well as engaging them in our many city building efforts.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and manage prospect lists and coordinate with other key influencers, such as Partnership members and staff, to generate sales leads. Make sales calls to prospective members. Use a variety of channels to attract new members.
- Achieve monthly sales goals, both in terms of number of new members and dollar volume. Collect new member dues payments, coordinate new member orientation and follow up on administrative details related to prospecting and the closing of the sale. Create and distribute new member welcome packets.
- Partner with the Manager of Member Experience and Member Engagement Specialist to ensure that members are taking advantage of benefits. Responsible for getting new members registered in CRM database.
- Produce and track weekly prospect reports.
- Track RSVPs and attendance at member events, attend events and provide set-up and registration assistance. Follow up with all prospective members.
- Produce Membership sales collateral and create prospect packets for sales presentations.
- Assist with Member Lunch n Learn Program, ensuring that all new members and prospective members are invited and made aware of the benefits of membership.
- Work with the Member Experience Committee to implement membership policies, recruit and retain new members and ensure member benefits and events effectively serve all members.
- Participate in volunteer opportunities in support of Partnership programs as requested by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree in communications, management, marketing or related field.
EXPERIENCE: Experience in a membership-based industry, preferably a business association, and/or sales or business development.
Strong desire to sell. Previous sales, sponsorship, business development and/or fundraising experience. Experience with Salesforce CRM. Strong verbal and written communications skills, including ability to make sales presentations to business professionals. Ability to work with a sense of urgency and to respond to external and internal requests in a timely and professional manner. Capability to work independently and within a team environment.