JOB TITLE: Industry Cluster Manager DATE: May 2017
LEVEL: Manager FLSA: Exempt
HOURS: 40 hours/week REPORTS TO: Vice President, EDC
The Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation (Metro Denver EDC) an affiliate of the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce, is the nation’s first and only truly regional economic development entity in which many area economic development groups have joined together to represent, and further, the interests of an entire region. Our partners include 70 cities, counties and economic development organizations in the seven-county Metro Denver and two-county Northern Colorado region. The Metro Denver EDC is responsible for global marketing and serves as a single point of contact for site selection in the region.
Position Summary: This position manages industry cluster coalitions and programming, including the Colorado Energy Coalition and the Colorado Investment Services Coalition. Our industry cluster work is vital to the Metro Denver EDC’s economic development activities, and supports the Chamber’s policy efforts at the federal, state, and local levels. The role includes company attraction and expansion activities, meeting and event coordination, as well as industry and policy analysis.
- Develops industry coalitions’ vision, strategy, and program goals for the Metro Denver EDC in concert with coalition co-chairs.
- Coordinates policy priorities in partnership with Metro Denver EDC leadership, coalition chairs and committees, the Denver Metro Chamber, and Colorado Competitive Council.
- Manages and sustains industry coalitions and coalition committees.
- Coordinates industry publications, including industry cluster studies and policy briefs in collaboration with industry coalitions and the Metro Denver EDC’s contract economist.
- Develops and maintains relationship with coalition co-chairs, investors, outside organizations and businesses, and economic development partners.
- Responsible for managing coalition meetings, including securing presenters/speakers, creating and distributing notices and agendas, follow up, and all meeting logistical preparations.
- Supports the Metro Denver EDC’s Economic Development Director with business attraction and expansion activities.
- Responsible for maintaining coalitions’ membership and strategic partners contact database.
- Supports the state economic development office and economic development professionals with regional and state energy industry development initiatives, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in economic development association management, or coalition governance. Strong economic development experience and some policy experience preferred.
SKILLS: Ability to function in a team is critical. Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, about dynamic and complex industry trends, strategies, and policy. Versatility and flexibility to manage several projects simultaneously. Experience in writing letters, newsletters, analytical reports and other correspondence in a proficient manner. Highly motivated self-starter who can work independently with little supervision or administrative assistance in a fast- paced environment. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat. Experience with customer databases such as Salesforce and Dynamics 365.
- High degree of professionalism and ability to gain expert knowledge of industries and issues.
- Established business network and track record of earning confidence of leaders in the industry.
- Familiarity with entering data in website content management systems.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does not formally supervise any other staff but is responsible for program management, including running and managing industry coalitions.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computer, fax machine, AV equipment, printer, scanner and telephone system.
OFFICE ENVIRONMENT: Professional office environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
Qualified applicants send cover letter, resume, references and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Salary Range- $60,000-$70,000 plus possible bonus assuming personal and organizational metrics are met.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Close of Business May 24, 2017