The Alliance for Climate Education (ACE) exists to confront climate change as the most urgent crisis of our time, threatening the health of communities and ecosystems across the globe. ACE’s mission is to educate young people on the science of climate change and empower them to take action. Since 2008, ACE has reached more than two million youth across the United States.
The Operations and HR Manager will manage ACE’s diverse operations needs, ensuring a smoothly functioning office and supporting a high functioning remote team. Responsibilities will include: Support hiring, training, retaining staff, and development of staff; Oversight administration of ACE benefits; Facilitate ACE’s relationship with HR and benefits providers and various operations-related service providers; Oversight of ACE office management; Coordinate logistics of annual staff retreats.
This is a full-time position based in Boulder, Colorado. The Operations and HR Manager will report to the Executive Director.
- Schedule: Full-time position
- Salary: Commensurate with experience. Includes generous benefits.
- ACE is an equal opportunity employer that highly values staff diversity.
- Anticipated start date: Immediately
- Deadline: Open until filled
- Location: Boulder, CO
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Human Resources Management
- Manage employee benefits:
- Manage relationship and services provided by external benefits provider.
- Manage relationship with ACE’s 403(b) provider, in collaboration with external accounting contractors.
- Make periodic updates to ACE employee handbook.
- Coordinate with time and attendance platform to track accruals.
- Track and communicate changes in ACE policies, benefits, laws, etc.
- Manage paperwork for changes in employee status, including for terminations, hires, leaves, etc.
- Run bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Regular presentations to full staff about updates to HR and operations.
- Coordinate staff performance evaluation system:
- Oversee annual performance evaluation process, including managing the annual timeline, sending annual staff surveys, and making updates to the system as needed.
- Coordinate annual review and update of job descriptions.
- Support executive team to strengthen structure for staff development and advancement.
- Oversee hiring, onboarding, and training processes:
- Manage hiring process, including supporting managers to create job descriptions, post jobs, train and manage hiring team, screen resumes, manage communicating with applicants, and integrate equity and inclusion practices into process.
- Manage onboarding process, including creating offer letters, setting up backend HR and technology systems.
- Manage termination process for departing staff, including closing down accounts, scheduling and managing exit interviews, processing paperwork.
- Research and develop management training for both new and seasoned managers.
- Manage process for staff satisfaction surveys and improvement.
- Provide interpersonal conflict resolution (depending on experience).
- Provide HR guidance and coaching for staff, especially managers (depending on experience).
- Manage employee benefits:
- Operations Management
- Manage day-to-day operations of ACE office, including checking mail, going to post office, depositing checks, ordering and distributing supplies to remote offices, updating contact information for staff, etc.
- Lead and manage any office re-organization, subletting projects, etc., as deemed necessary by the executive team.
- Maintain ACE equipment and provide basic technical support, as needed. This includes helping staff figure out repairs, ordering new equipment, assessing equipment annually, and managing company property agreements.
- Manage contracts, accounts, and services for ACE office and operations needs, including:
- Insurance policies
- Lease management
- IT and communication providers
- Transportation providers
- Coordinate logistics for annual ACE retreats.
- Organize, update, and conduct training related to ACE’s policies and procedures.
- Lead the organization of ACE’s internal Google Drive infrastructure.
- Support executive team to work with pro bono legal counsel, as needed.
- Minimum 2-4 years experience managing operations and HR responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum. Advanced certificate or specific training a plus.
- Experience as an employee of a nonprofit organization preferred; familiarity with nonprofit finance and accounting regulations and experience with grant management a plus.
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and retaining diverse, talented staff.
- Proven track record facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization.
- Tech-savvy, with experience selecting and managing relationships with multiple software and technology vendors.
- Strong ability to be proactive and self-reliant, managing multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a positive demeanor and staying results-oriented.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical thinker and problem solver.
- Passion for the organization’s mission.
HOW TO APPLY
Online application: https://acespace.org/jobs/operations-hr-manager
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and your résumé at the link above, including salary requirements. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEOC guidelines.