Job Title: Customer Service Coordinator Date: July 2017
Department: Membership FLSA: Non-exempt
Reports To: Sales Director LEVEL: Coordinator
Hours: 40 hours per week
POSITION SUMMARY: Ensure the provision of quality benefits and services to the general membership. Improve retention of Chamber members through education of available benefits and services they can receive and by effectively providing an awareness program. Build positive relations with members. Ensure membership data is maintained, current and updated timely in database. Assist Membership Director with projects and reporting.
- Maintain regular contact with members, including high level members, for the purposes of updating information, retention, membership benefits, disseminating pertinent Chamber information, encouraging participation and member-to-Chamber communication and thanking members for their membership. These calls are organized to ensure that each member is contacted at least four times a year, translating to a minimum of 200-250 calls each month by the Membership Customer Service Coordinator. Engaging members and renewing memberships.
- Compile, organize and prepare reports and other administrative projects for the Membership Manager, COO, and Board of Directors.
- Attend Chamber programs and/or events, as needed, such as monthly Chamber Member Orientations, Business After Hours, committee/council meetings and other Chamber events.
- Provide backup support to Membership Database Coordinator including general database accounting, new member application input, cancellation requests and updating member information. Compile database reports for Membership department and other departments as needed.
- Responds to calls and letters from members, answering questions, investigating and correcting errors (billing, events registration, contact information, etc.) or directing them to appropriate department.
- Relay complaints to appropriate departments and staff for investigation and resolution. Follow up with those departments/staff members to ascertain resolution has been reached. Ensure member’s needs/concerns have been addressed and that adequate follow-up is received.
- Ensure membership collateral and other information is stocked and available to Sales Representatives on a daily basis. Distribute Membership Department mail and faxes on a daily basis.
- Update membership website when needed.
- Write letters and emails to members as needed.
- Provide backup support for reception desk and office services as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
1 year previous office or customer service experience.
SKILLS: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, professional correspondence via phone and email with some prior experience in database maintenance.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, fax machines, calculators, telephones
WORKING CONDITIONS: Those of a typical professional business office environment.
Qualified applicants send cover letter, resume, references and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Close of Business August 4, 2017
SALARY: $31,000-$35,000 ANNUALLY PLUS POSSIBLE BONUS AND COMMISSIONS UP TO $5,000