The Director, Collaborative Marketing and Development position is responsible for developing and leading MHC’s collaborative marketing and communications strategy and managing its development strategy. All positions at MHC serve a unique dual role to advance internal capacity as well as coordinate strategy across the entire multi-sector collaborative. This position will work with MHC staff to develop and build an “umbrella” brand, digital communications, and storytelling strategy to highlight the collective impact across MHC’s core issue areas: transportation, health, housing, education, jobs and climate. Additionally, this position will manage MHC’s development efforts to maintain long term financial sustainability as well as inspire collaborative fundraising with our partner organizations within the collaborative. This position will report to the Executive Director of MHC.
ABOUT MILE HIGH CONNECTS:
Mile High Connects (MHC) is a broad collaborative of private, public, and nonprofit
organizations committed to increasing access to affordable housing, good jobs, quality schools, and healthy communities through public transit. By increasing resources, influencing policy, and working with residents, MHC seeks to leverage the current and expanding Metro Denver transit system to promote a vital region full of opportunity for everyone. Our mission is to ensure that the Metro Denver regional transit system fosters communities that offer all residents the opportunity for a high quality of life. Mile High Connects is under the fiscal agency of The Denver Foundation. More information can be found at our website http://www.milehighconnects.org.
ABOUT THE DENVER FOUNDATION:
The mission of The Denver Foundation is to inspire people and mobilize resources to strengthen our community. As Colorado’s oldest and largest community foundation, we’ve been taking care of the future since 1925. We help generous people create charitable legacies and give back to the community. Through Community Grants, The Denver Foundation supports community groups and nonprofit organizations in the seven-county Metro Denver area with an ongoing commitment to reducing disparities and promoting equity for the most vulnerable members of our community. The Denver Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Marketing and Communications:
• Lead the creation and implementation of the MHC’s collaborative marketing and
communications plan that supports MHC’s fundraising, brand, and other objectives
• Craft stories that highlight the value and impact of our collaborative in the greater Metro Denver area, focusing on the accomplishments of core partners and nonprofits
• Oversee MHC’s social media presence to achieve stated objectives
• Develop and maintain MHC’s development, marketing, and communications database
• Develop and execute a plan for gaining earned media, including key features and
mentions in targeted publications.
• Produce a range of multimedia pieces to deliver the organization’s news & updates, using both written and audiovisual platforms, online and in print, on an ongoing basis
• Curate and maintain a professional quality photo library
• Direct and produce professional-quality films in support of a variety of programming
• Monitor, analyze and share social media and web traffic, and related metrics
• Help plan and execute major events, speaking engagements and conferences
Development and Grants Management:
• Work with MHC Executive Director to develop and executive MHC’s collaborative
• Research and develop national and local funding prospects
• Write national and local grant applications and reports
• Maintain CRM and grant database
• Oversee MHC’s grantmaking program
• 5+ years’ experience in nonprofit or corporate marketing and communications
• Experience and passion working with social justice and equity
• Experience in working with collaborative networks and collective impact
• Strong combination of analytical and creative skills
• Nuanced ability to balance competing priorities and perspectives, framing
communications to achieve a win-win outcome
• High level proficiency with Web design tools such as Square Space, WIX, WordPress,
• High level proficiency with social media management tools, social media marketing and E-mail marketing, and automated marketing tools
• High level proficiency with Adobe Suite or equivalent graphic design tools
• Experience in nonprofit development and grant writing with proven track record of
• B.A. or B.S. degree in relevant field
• Experience in working in low-income communities and communities of color
• Experience working with collective impact networks and collaborative structures
• Experience fundraising at national level, cultivating corporations and national
• Experience managing photo and video shoots/editing
• Existing relationships with core constituencies and key decision makers in the Denver
The position is based in an office environment with a mix of private offices and cubicles. Travel throughout the Metro Denver area is a regular requirement of the job. MHC’s fosters a flexible work schedule and this position will be asked to staff weekend and evening events.
• Daily communication via phone
• Frequent extended hours in front of a computer screen with or without accommodations
• Occasional carrying of objects up to 20 pounds
• Regular group and public speaking
• Occasional activities occurring outdoors
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
• Valid Colorado driver’s license, insurance, and private vehicle
• Must be able to provide at least three professional references
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
The starting wage for this position is $60,000. The Denver Foundation offers a competitive benefits package including paid time off, retirement contribution, tuition assistance, and medical, life, and disability insurances.
Interested applicants should send (1) cover letter, (2) résumé, and (3) three work-related
references in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to describing your relevant experience and skills, in your cover letter please highlight your vision of marketing and communications for a collective impact and collaborative network and your personal connection to social and racial equity.
Applications should be submitted by August 18th, 2017
THE DENVER FOUNDATION’S ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY:
The Denver Foundation shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed),
gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers, selection of vendors, and provision of services.
The Denver Foundation practices and champions inclusiveness in our community. We honor the diverse strengths, needs, voices, and backgrounds of all members of our community. Candidates from traditionally marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.